This role represents an excellent opportunity for a talented individual with a strong background in contract and commercial management. The incumbent reports to the Executive Managing Director.
Roles and Responsibilities
Support the Executive Managing Director to effectively manage various works in contractual/commercial nature including but not limited to the following:
- Contract Management:
- Review and analyse rights, obligations, risks and merits under various project agreements including but not limited to water and energy conversion agreement, O&M agreement, EPC Contract, Finance Documents, shareholders agreement and provide the management of the company with an opinion about recommended actions in order to maximize the benefits and minimize the risk of the Company.
- Draft, negotiate and finalize various new contracts, agreements.
- Liaise with internal and external parties such as lawyers, technical advisors, financial advisors to obtain proper inputs and conduct proper contract management.
- Financial Analysis/Planning: In collaboration with finance team and technical team, conduct various financial analysis using a financial model, update/revision of financial model and support planning activities of the company. The financial analysis shall include but not limited to the following:
- Revenue analysis changing charge rates (tariff), availability factor, load factor, inflation etc.
- Cost analysis which mainly requires analysis of operation and maintenance cost including fixed O&M cost, variable O&M cost in short/mid/long term, comparing it with a financial model.
- Any other impact studies and potential new project studies.
- Compliance Monitoring: Leadership in monitoring and ensuring contractual and statutory compliance of the company and providing a regular update to the management of the company. Analyse changes in law and potential impacts arising thereof.
- Coordination with Stakeholders: Management of Shareholders/Board related works including board paper review, preparation and drafting of board resolutions and minutes.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following attributes:
- A Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Finance or extensive relevant experience
- Preferably more than 3 year experience in IPP/IWPP business as developer or owner.
- Basic knowledge of standard IPP project documents or any other BOO/BOT base project documents, enabling a comprehensive review and commentary of project agreements
- Certification in Contracting Management (e.g. CPCM/CFCM/IACCM) would be advantageous
- Proven experience managing, reviewing, revising and negotiating commercial and supplier contracts, strategic alliances and other business transactions
- Good judgment in balancing business and commercial needs and potential risks/exposures with customer requirements
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communications skills; attention to detail and sound administrative skills
- Ability to work within tight schedules and under pressure, independently and as part of a team