Position: Financial Analyst
Reporting Line: CFO
A new opportunity is available to work for one of the largest utility company in Middle East, as Financial Analyst specializing in the areas Inventory management & control.
About the position
This position will work in close conjunction with the O&M team in inventory management and control. Will identify key initiatives for spare parts optimization, weigh up the risks and benefits and actively participate in driving chosen initiatives forward.
A key element of this role will also require interfacing with stakeholders to develop and implement procurement and inventory management plans and supervise the total life cycle of inventory to ensure accuracy and integrity of the Inventory master data.
He should take a holistic, business level view of the Inventory strategy and be able to achieve the objectives with the aim of minimizing stock holdings while maintaining service level and financial objectives.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following attributes:
- Extensive experience in the control of inventory relating to maintenance management, operations and logistics
- Proven ability to apply planning and execution of inventory management strategies
- Experience in total life cycle management of inventory, including introduction and disposal methods
- A strong knowledge of key inventory performance metrics, such as Inventory Turns, Aged Inventory, etc.
- Strong contract acumen and working knowledge of purchasing and warehousing functions
- Reconciliation of imports and customs duty with the records of Customs
- Advanced influencing skills relating to inventory stock holdings
- Ability to work autonomously and support other finance functions.
- High level knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and other relevant software
- Extensive working knowledge of ERP systems
- Proven ability to undertake data analysis
- Working closely with the finance team to prepare management dashboards and key messaging for forecast discussions with the business
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Accounting, Planning, Logistics or similar
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Inventory Analyst, Planning.
- Saudi national only