Position: Legal & Compliance Advisor
Reporting Line: Executive Managing Director
A new opportunity is available to work for one of the largest utility company in Middle East
About the position
- Legal and Compliance Advisor: responsibility is for all matters pertaining to the following scope:
- Monitor compliance with project documents
- Ensure the compliance of all departments with the objectives of the organization and procedures.
- Recommend amendments to policy and procedures.
- Review and Advise on contracts.
- Monitor and advise on change in law.
- Carry out role as bored secretary communicate with board of directors.
The ideal candidate for this role will have the following attributes:
- Enhance the compliance governance framework, monitoring and reporting system.
- Develop an Internal audit and governance procedure (Scope can be changed based on requirement).
- Conduct internal audits to guarantee compliance.
Legal & board secretary
- Review and recommend updates for internal policies
- Maintain and develop register for regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Identify gaps in the organization wide policies and propose new policies to be incorporated
- Moderate board meetings and ensure the directives and the strategy of the board is implemented across the organization.
- Update change in law tracker and provide report for each quarter by end of each quarter
- Support all departments with legal needs and requirements
- Prepare legal documentation as needed
- Monitor and supervise external communications
Effective & interactive interface with all departments and stakeholders is necessary for success.
- University Degree in Law, or related field
- Minimum Experience
- 3-10 years’ experience.
- Job Specific Skills (key functional, leadership, or business skills required)
- Leadership skills,
- Good interpersonal communication and negotiation skills.
- Analytical thinking /Problem solving/Decision making
- Relationship building
- Teamwork and cooperation
- Negotiation skills